Congratulations! You are going to be a mama and you would be thrilled to embark on this new journey. But wait! It’s important that you know the do’s and don’t especially if you are going to the office during pregnancy.
Things would be a little different now especially that you would be putting on some weight each month. It’s important that you understand how to sit in an office chair during pregnancy. You have to be careful with everything so that your little bundle of joy would be happy inside! It’s important that you are taking the best care of your health.
Read on for more information.
Why Is This Important?
Ask your doctor and you would right away know why is this important!
Your body is changing during pregnancy. It would take nine months to deliver a baby and don’t forget you are growing a human inside.
With a baby inside your baby, there would be an impact on the way you sit and walk. Thus, it would be important to focus on the right posture.
The way you maintain your posture is important for your developing baby. You have to sit the right way. Why take the chances when you know there is a precious little thing growing inside you.
Even when you are performing your daily activities, you might overburden yourself. It’s important that you take rest and are maintaining the correct posture while sitting.
If you are not sitting the correct way during pregnancy then it would put a strain on your back too.
Sometimes it’s hard to expect what’s coming next. You might have watched others, but when it comes to your turn, you might not take things seriously for your health. But at this point, it is important for you to keep in mind that you are not alone and there is a little person growing inside your tummy.
There is a lot more to consider when you are carrying a little bundle of joy inside your tummy. You don’t want to take any chances. However, it would be best if you ask your doctor for recommendations since their suggestion would be best.
Recommended For Pregnancy Ladies – Duramont Adjustable Office Chair with Lumbar Support
Does Sitting Position Affect Baby?
The way you are maintaining your posture is important during pregnancy. You should know how to sit appropriately during each trimester.
In the early days of your pregnancy, it might not affect but later when your baby grows the way you sit can affect the position your baby would move into the pelvis. It’s possible that your baby would be in the posterior position since you would be slouching too much.
Even if there is a slight chance that sitting in the wrong posture can affect your baby, it would be important that you are trying your best to maintain the correct posture.
While sitting try not to put pressure on your belly. If you want something try not to bend or twist your body. If someone is around, ask for help. It gets difficult during the final trimester when the baby is due and is preparing to come out!
Over the years you might have heard from your parents and grandparents what to do and what not during the early and later days of pregnancy. Sometimes it is really hard to get accurate and relevant details. When it comes to matters like pregnancy and the well being of your unborn kid, it’s best that you are asking your doctor for suggestions and recommendations. Your doctor knows what’s best for you! However, you are the one who would be selecting the right products for yourself to sit in the correct posture.
Is it OK to Sit for Long Hours During Pregnancy?
It won’t be a suitable option to sit for long hours during pregnancy. According to the researchers of Warwick Medical School, birth complications are possible if women are sitting down for longer than 6 hours during the second trimester since it would lead to weight gain and diabetes.
The emotional well being and health of a pregnant woman is important. It would be a good idea to assess and evaluate what’s causing pregnant women to sit for such long hours.
Another study from the Netherlands has pointed to the impact of standing on babies’ growth for longer hours. It means that pregnant ladies have to be extra careful when it comes to sitting or standing. The way you maintain your posture is likely to affect your baby. Why take the chances when you know you can avoid the wrong and do the right!
While sitting during pregnancy, the shoulders should be neutral while the back should be straight. Focus whether your buttocks are touching your chair’s back or not.
If you are not sure how to sit and you slouch a lot, it would be best if you find a chair with lumbar support and a footrest. It’s possible that using such products can help you sit comfortably.
If you are ever in doubt about anything even if it involves sitting or standing the right way, your best source of information would be your doctor. You can ask as many questions as you want to your doctor. After all, it’s about the health and well being of your child and you want to provide the best.
What Is The Best Position to Sit While Pregnant?
During your pregnancy period, you should try your best to sit in the correct posture. It’s important for you to keep in mind that each trimester would be different so you have to adjust accordingly. Initially, things might not be that tough!
- It’s important that your buttocks are touching your chair and your back is straight while sitting. Your shoulders should be in a neutral position.
- It’s important that your feet are placed evenly on the floor. Make sure your feet are flat on the floor. Use an appropriate footrest if you find it tough to sit comfortably especially while working in the office.
- Your hips and knees should be at a right angle. Try your best to attain this position while sitting.
- You can invest in a suitable armrest or any other such product that can help you sit and work comfortably. It is important for you to keep in mind that you and your baby are precious. Your health is above everything else so make sure you adjust accordingly.
- Based on your needs, it would be wise to adjust your workstation so that you can comfortably sit and work. You can use a combination of sitting and standing, but make sure you are not tiring yourself in the process.
- Don’t sit for a long time. Take small breaks and try to move during this time. You should focus on your posture consciously.
It’s possible that you might prefer to sit in a certain way, but you have to make a little effort to sit correctly. Remind yourself again and again on the importance of sitting correctly!
What Positions Should Be AVOID During Pregnancy?
When you are sitting you have to give special attention to your posture. It’s important for you and your baby. It’s already tough to carry and grow a baby inside why add back pain!
- It’s important that you are not crossing your legs while sitting.
- Avoid sudden twists and movements while sitting. You have to focus if you are trying to get anything. Your body has changed and you have to learn how to use it the best way for sitting and not hurting your back.
- If you have to sit on the chair for working, make sure you are not sitting for longer hours. Use a suitable pregnancy pillow for your support.
- It would be best not to put unnecessary pressure on your tummy. While sitting it would be tough since your tummy would be on the way. You have to adjust yourself in a way that you can work comfortably. Try to bring the keyboard near you rather you bending towards it.
- Slouching won’t be suitable for you! Make sure you are trying your best to avoid slouching while sitting.
- Make sure you are moving every 30 minutes. Don’t keep sitting in the same position.
- Try using a footrest for the comfort of your feet. You can invest in suitable products that can help you during this journey.
It’s important for you to keep in mind that you have to be relaxed and happy during this journey. Don’t take unnecessary tension. Usually, people prefer to do what works best for them, but when a baby is involved you have to see what’s best for your baby’s health. If you find it hard to maintain the correct posture, tell your doctor. Your doctor would suggest what to do! You don’t want to get unnecessary pains before delivering the baby.
Best Tips and Tricks to Sit During Pregnancy
When you are expecting baby things would be different. It is possible that you might feel nausea and other such symptoms. Ask your doctor how to manage such issues. When it comes you sitting during pregnancy, the following tips and tricks might help:
- If you find it tough to sit comfortably on the office chair, try using a footrest. There is a huge variety available on the market. You can select the one that is designed for your comfort and can help you sit comfortably while working.
- Try finding a pregnancy pillow as such pillows are designed specifically for pregnant women and thus, would help in providing suitable support.
- You can try using a cushion that provides you lumbar support. It’s important that you invest in a cushion that is suitable for pregnant women. Do a quick search and you would find a huge variety on the market.
- During pregnancy when you are sitting on a chair you have to make sure that your back is straight. It’s really important to focus on the right posture. When you are not using any back support, your weight should be distributed on your both hips evenly.
- It’s important that the chair you are using is comfortable. It shouldn’t be too tight for you. Make sure you adjust it as per your needs and if you find it tough, it would be a good idea to ask someone for help. You have to make sure that you are trying your best.
- If you have to use your keyboard, try bringing it close to you. If you are working from your home office, you can make better adjustments that would provide you maximum comfort.
- If you don’t feel well while sitting and working during pregnancy, it’s best that you give your health a priority and try your best to rest as much as you can. Your doctor would suggest what would be suitable in such a scenario.
Recommended Pregnancy Pillows to Place on Office Chairs For Comfort
Recommended Office Chairs with Back Support & Lumbar Support
Apart from all the above-mentioned points, it is important that you are wearing the right clothing while sitting during pregnancy. Your clothes should allow you to sit comfortably the way you prefer in a good posture. It would be best to get maternity clothes so that you can sit comfortably.
Sitting in an office chair during pregnancy can be quite tough. Each month would be different and if it’s your first baby, you might not know what to expect. It would be a good idea to gather as much information you can, talk to your doctor and take the best care of yourself. Stay active during your pregnancy provided that you don’t have any underlying issue that requires strict bed rest. Focus on the do’s and don’t of sitting in an office chair during pregnancy and you would be good to go!
Still wondering what types of chairs suitable for pregnancy, go on reading: